FRIDAY 25 SEPTEMBER 2020
THE GALILEO DRIVE IN AT RONDEBOSCH
Doors open at 6pm. Movie starts 7pm.
Presenting six richly unique films, the 8th edition of the world tour sets out to highlight the lives of some of trail and ultra-running’s most prominent characters, and in the process, sharing not only their deep connection with their local community, but also the challenges they face as they continue to pursue a life guided by the trails. Join like-minded trail runners and adventure enthusiasts as they come together in celebration of trail running.
Toni McCann disrupted the world of trail running in 2018, when she lined up for her first ever marathon and dominated the field to a podium finish. Overnight she became a professional athlete and has excelled ever since. 2020 was a year with much anticipation with her being a favourite to win the World Skyrunning Series, but as with the rest of the world, COVID-19 eradicated those plans.
- NATURE’S WILL
Discover Constantin’s journey at the Salomon Zugspitz Ultratrail powered by Ledlenser in the movie “Nature’s Will” – with all ups and downs and a deep bow to Mother Nature.
- COMING HOME
Paddy O’Leary grew up in Wexford, Ireland, but didn’t discover his love and talent for running until he moved to San Francisco. Now, he is returning to Ireland to take on the fastest known time on the self-navigated 115 kilometer Wicklow Round, and to rediscover his home through the lens of running.
- HUMAN POWERED
Every year, trail runners from around the world line up to test themselves at the grueling Finlayson Arm 100km on Vancouver Island. Human Powered looks beyond the finish line, into the community of dedicated volunteers who bring this event to life.
On the surface, Anna Frost looks like a competition-driven elite ultra-runner having won some of the hardest races in her sport. To her, trail running is a gateway to connection. Connection to nature. Connection to community. And ultimately, connection to the self. The fabled “Frosty” is about to go through the hardest challenge of her life – Motherhood.
- LEADMAN | THE DAVE MACKEY STORY
Former Ultrarunner of the Year, Dave Mackey was revered for his toughness. After a serious trail running accident lead him down a difficult road to recovery, he is back and taking on one of the most gruelling tests of endurance, the Leadman — 5 events spanning just 2 months, with the legendary Leadville 100 Mile Ultramarathon as the grand finale.
What you need to know about The Galileo Drive In:
- Audio is transmitted via radio frequency, so tune in with your car radio or bring a portable radio along.
- You can add food, snacks & drinks to your ticket purchase at Webtickets checkout. A cart will also come around on the evening with limited snacks, such as popcorn, cool drinks and sweets. You are also welcome to bring your own should you wish.
- You may not leave your vehicle unless going to the toilet. It is mandatory to wear your mask if you leave your vehicle. This complies with covid regulations.
- You may park backwards and load your boot with pillows and blankets for an ultra-comfy experience.
- The drive-in provides a safe movie experience and some much-needed fun.
Visit our DRIVE IN website for more information.