In the heart of the Lesotho Highlands lie the Maluti Mountains, some of the best terrain for high altitude running in the world. Serving as the “veins” of this region, an intricate network of trails exist along the valleys and mountain flanks, connecting many of the remote villages. Used primarily by livestock and shepherds, many of the mountain passes have been established by hand, allowing people and animals to pass through the Maluti Mountain Range on foot. It is this ancient philosophy of man’s primal need to explore and conquer his surrounding terrain that has lead to the development of the Lesotho Ultra Trail, Africa’s first Ultra Skymarathon®. Join us for the 2017 event on 25 November in Lesotho.
How accommodation works:
To book a bed at Maliba Lodge you must enter the event first. Only one spectator is allowed per runner. Please visit this link for all the options on accommodation: http://www.lesothoultratrail.com/accommodation/booking-at-maliba-lodge/.
This year the tented option has been changed and we are now offering a self-camp 2 night package on Maliba grounds that includes all meals at the lodge. In 2017 we will not be putting a tented village in place, instead 100 self-camp places will be made available (100 people only). Please book this package on entering the event.
Should you wish to self-cater you need to book a dorm or camping at the National Parks accommodation.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make bookings (confirmed race entry required to book).
Entry fees and packages:
1. Entry only into the 50km Ultra Skymarathon or the 38km Mountain Challenge – R1290
2. Maliba Lodge accommodation: Mountain, River, Mountain side and River Side huts to be booked with Maliba Lodge – email@example.com
3. Entry plus self-camp Maliba Package – R2570 (booked on selecting this option)
4. Dorm Accommodation at National Parks – R150pppn (Booked through firstname.lastname@example.org)
5. Camping at Parks – R100pppn (Booked through email@example.com)
6. Maliba meal package – R880 – 5 meals for the weekend (Booked through Maliba Lodge firstname.lastname@example.org)
We can’t wait to host you in the Maluti Mountains….