Surviving THE BEAST!
2) Get the Right gear – 4 seasons in one day expected, be prepared;
3) Nutrition and Hydration – getting this wrong is the biggest reason for not finishing events, train with your race day food /drink choices.
4) Table Mountain is not flat – if you have not visited the Valley of the Red Gods, or Echo Valley, do so!
5) On Race Day – Don’t Start too fast! Slow down, it is a long way.
6) Be Realistic! – The Beast is deliberately a tough race. It is not an event to start trail running with. We do not take late entries on the day.
NEW – the Start /Finish zone has moved slightly to the Newlands Forest Picnic site.
T-Shirts: We are selling 2017 Beast T-shirts at R295 each. You can add these to your entry here
More TOUGH events;
Salomon Bastille Day Trail Run, 15 Jul – 35km, 50km – ENTER HERE
Table Mountain Challenge, 03 Sep – 43km Solo – ENTER HERE
If you like pain consider The Cederberg Traverse, 13 Oct, the ultimate quad buster – 100km, 100 miles – Send us your 2016 / 17 running CV