Table Mountain Challenge 2021
12 September @ 06:30 - 17:00
A full circumnavigation of this Wonder of the Natural World!
TMC Full 44km – 695
TMC Lite (22km) – R495
TMC Duo – R895
(PLEASE NOTE – a compulsory conservation fee of R110 applies when completing your entry)
1. Water – Carry at least 1.5L
2. Food – Energy Bar/ Sandwich/ Banana.
3. Fully charged cellphone (072 924 2371 – emergencies only)
4. Windbreaker is compulsory. Waterproof jacket is compulsory if rain is expected. NO EXCUSES!
5. Space Blanket
6. Re-usable cups
7. GPS/ GPS watch is COMPULSORY, the route will not be marked. The gpx file will be available closer to the event date.
44km Solo & Duo – 07h00
23km Lite – 09h30
The Devil’s Peak Fires impact will hopefully be over by September, but, either way, we run the Solo clockwise around the mountain this year, heading from the Jan van Riebeeck High School fields on Signal Hill, to Kloof Nek, up Kloof Corner, along the contour path and middle traverse to the Blockhouse, then the forested contour path to Constantia Neck, via the much-loved Rooikat Ravine, onwards to Suikerbossie Restaurant.
This is the new start of the TMC Lite, and the Duo handover. NEW – the Solo course from here is 15km to the finish, up Llandudno Ravine, across the 12 Apostles, down Kasteelspoort and back to Signal Hill – but, the Duo Leg 2 and TMC Lite will gain 5 extra km’s on a scenic addition around the upper Table Mountain trails.