Strandloper Trail Run
11 August @ 7:15 am - 5:00 pm
CLICK HERE TO ENTER.
This will be the 3d edition of this REALLY AWESOME coastal trail!
PRE entries only – 250 tickets available.
PLEASE NOTE : ENTRIES WILL NOW CLOSE THURSDAY 9 AUGUST 2018 AT 12H00
PRE REGISTRATION: On the morning of the run from 6h00-7h00. Run starts at 7h15
ENTRY FEE: tba [Incl branded race cap]
For male and female.
- MASTERS – 50yr plus
- VET: 40 – 49yrs
- SENIOR: 16 – 39yr
RUN DATE: 11 August
START TIME: 07h15. Low tide is at 8h15.
PRIZE GIVING: The Hub Cafe, Scarborough at 10h30
START VENUE: Noordhoek Sports field, Katzenellenbogen Rd. Off Noordhoek Main Rd.
FINISH VENUE: THE HUB Cafe, SCARBOROUGH
DISTANCE: 20km of fantastic coastal trail running! This is a linear run, so please ensure you share cars etc.
PS – It is your responsibility to sort out your return transport from Scarborough. Lift share etc.
See at the bottom of this page – route maps. We will also make the GPS track available to entrants and send the gpx files via email, 1 week before the run. There will be manned check points on route.
No water tables – you must be self sufficient.
Basic route description: Onto Noordhoek Beach via back streets. Passing Kakapo Wreck and across Kommetjie Beach. At the start of Boardwalk veering off into Lighthouse Rd to the Light house. Along the beach/path all the way to Witsand beach and across onto the strandloper trail. Traversing on the rocks below Misty Cliffs and onto the wide, gravel verge off the tarred section for about 500m. Back down onto the footpath that leads to Scarborough Beach. Through the car park and finish at “The Hub” in Scarborough.
- Waterproof rain jacket if it looks like rain. Windproof jacket, otherwise.
- Cellular phone
- Mini first aid kit
- Space blanket
- Ipods or similar are banned during the run – it is for your own and other users’ safety
- Emergency contact details will be given to each runner which must be kept with you on route
- Every runner must carry a card on route with their own personal contact details, medical aid details, blood group, emergency contact details, doctor etc
- Should you encounter an emergency and / or injured runner on route, please assist them and contact one of the emergency numbers on your race card or the nearest marshal
- All persons entering the races will only be allowed to partake if the indemnity form is signed and you are fully aware that partaking in these events is done so entirely at your own risk
- The organizing bodies/employees/agents or any other persons/organizations/establishments or other personnel involved with the event shall not be liable for any damage, loss, theft, injury, accident or death suffered by any person, howsoever caused, prior to the event, during the event or after the event
- In the event of a medical emergency, the organizing bodies/authorities will use their discretion and follow procedures deemed necessary for evacuation and /or medical assistance thereof
- Stick to the existing trails and do not take shortcuts
- Do not tamper with the vegetation or stray off the trail
- Do not litter. Please protect our sensitive land
- Sorry, no pets allowed on the route
- The races will be timed
- Entries are only confirmed once proof of payment is received. No refund once entered with exception, below – less costs already incurred and Admin fees are charged for substitutions for these refunds at R80.00. No substitutions after 2 days before the race – Thursday at noon, before the run.
- Please, Do NOT run if you are ill, have a history of heart and or other illness that may be detrimental to your health and/or if you have been ill a week to 10 days before the run. If you have entered in this case, we will need a Doctor’s certificate or similar to confirm the above to affect a refund – less costs already incurred by the race organizers.