Dream Adventure Weekend
26 September, 2020 @ 07:00 - 27 September, 2020 @ 17:00
Looking for something unique to do in Pietermaritzberg? Come and join us for our heritage weekend with a scenic trail run on the Saturday and serene MTB ride taking place at the Tala Collection Game Reserve in KZN. Dream Hotels and Resorts, and Trail Nation SA are bringing you a fun-filled adventure weekend for the whole family.
Come and make a weekend of it by staying at one of the beautiful lodges on the reserve. Please contact the Dream Hotels and Resorts team to arrange accommodation at discounted rates. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or call on 031 781 8000.
If you are looking to come and do one, or both, of the events for only the day, you are still welcome to bring along friends and family (braai/ picnic facilities are available at the venue). We have reduced gate entry fees for adults to R60 and R40 for children under 12 years old and pensioners.
Runners and riders are welcome to participate in one, or both, of the following events. Participants will be seeded into batches (based on the times submitted upon entry) and batches will go off every 15 minutes limiting congestion along the routes.
TRAIL RUN – Saturday 26th September – 5km, 13km, 26km routes
- 26km – R185 – batches start at 06:30am – limited to 25 entries
- 13km – R150 – batches start at 07:30am – limited to 75 entries
- 5km – R75 – batches start at 9:00am – limited to 100 entries
- 2km fun run – takes place at 9:45am
MTB RIDE – Sunday 27th September– 5km, 13km, 26km routes
- 26km – R185 – batches start at 06:30am – limited to 50 entries
- 13km – R150 – batches start at 7:30am – limited to 75 entries
- 5km – R50 – batches start at 09:00am – limited to 75 entries
- 2km fun kiddies run – starts at 09:45am
Our booking system enables athletes to submit times allowing us to seed runners into batches ensuring that there is never a large gathering at the venue at any one time. All COVID protocols are in place to screen runners, walkers and riders upon entry, as well as trail safety measures to ensure that you can enjoy your time out on the trails, but it is as much your responsibility as it is ours. Remember to wear your mask at all times and practice social distancing. Do not run if you’re feeling sick, or if you’ve tested positive with COVID in the last 14 days.
How it will work:
The routes will follow well maintained, jeep track paths catering for social runners/riders and competitive athletes alike. The routes cover spectacular scenery with an abundance of game and will suit all types of fitness levels as well as your budget!!
Runners and riders will be batched based on the times they submit upon registration. Start times will be communicated the day prior to the race. To avoid gatherings please don’t arrive too early, or too late 🙂
To limit contact, and comply with COVID regulations, unfortunately NO WATER POINTS will be provided along routes. Therefore it is essential for runners to bring hydration and snacks based on their fitness levels. Water and Energade will be provided at the finish line.
Prizes will be awarded to the winning male and female runner in each category. Spot prizes from our sponsors will also be given away during the day.
Boerie rolls, bacon and egg toasted sarmies, and coffee will be served at the finish line. These will be limited so please ensure you purchase meals upon entry. Runners are welcome to bring picnic baskets along and spend an afternoon under the African skies with their families.
A huge thanks goes out to Dream Resorts and Hotels for partnering up with us, and providing an opportunity to bring this experience to you. For more information on the spectacular venues offered by Dream Resorts and Hotels visit: www.dreamresorts.co.za
The Rules and Regulations (Things that might get you disqualified)
Safety Rules & Regulations
- Your temperature will be tested on entering the venue. If your temperature exceeds COVID compliance (38 degrees), entry will be prohibited.
- Do not attend if you are sick, have tested positive, or if you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive in the last 14 days.
- Wear your face mask at all times
- Practise social distancing at all times (gatherings prohibited)
- Arrive 15 minutes before your time slot. Time slots will be communicated on the day prior to the trail run via mail. Runners will be seeded into batches of 20-25 runners. Batches will go off every 15 minutes, restricting congestion along the route.
- No one will be allowed to run/walk/ride along the trails without a booking made in advance for that specific time slot
- All late arrivals will result in the forfeiture of the booked time slot. No refunds will be provided.
- A COVID-compliant medic will be on site to assist with any injuries/ illnesses as a result from the trail run. Please note, they will not be able to treat patients experiencing COVID symptoms.
- In order to create a safe and enjoyable venue for everyone who has entered, it is very important that all the Rules & Regulations strictly be adhered to when entering the Trails. Failure to adhere to the Rules & Regulations will result in the forfeiture of the booked time slot, run and refund of entry
- The venue, trail operators, employees and companies involved will NOT be held liable for any injury, sickness, theft or loss occurred before, during or after entering the venue
We can’t wait to host you, and look forward to a great but safe day!