Berg & Beach
19 October @ 07:30 - 14:00
- 7km – R130.00 – Includes a boerewors roll and finish line, hand made medal. [You can purchase a branded, technical race cap at R100.00. This will be an option on the entry form]
- 18km – R330.00 – Includes a boerewors roll at the finish, a branded, technical race cap and finish line, hand made medal.
- 30km – R480.00 – Includes a boerewors roll at the finish, a branded, technical race cap and finish line, hand made medal.
ENTRIES CLOSE ON 15 October at midnight, OR ONCE 150 RUNNERS PER DISTANCE, ENTERED.
- Fernkloof Nature Reserve, Fir Avenue – off the R43, near Grotto Beach.
- 34°23’57.59″S and 19°15’58.14″E
This is a solo event.
- Senior Male [16-39]
- Senior Female [16-39]
- Vet Male [40+]
- Vet Female [40+]
- Masters Male (50+)
- Masters Female (50+)
- JUNIOR U/16 – ONLY FOR THE 7KM OPTION
REGISTRATION & COLLECT RACE NUMBERS – Fernkloof Nature Reserve.
Friday, 19 October: 18h00 – 20h00
Saturday, 20 October: 06h00 – 07h00
Run briefing: 07h00
- 30km – 7h15
- 18km – 7h20
- 7km – 7h25
No late entries. No refunds unless Doctor’s certificate/letter received on the Doctors letterhead. Any refunds will also be affected by any fees we may have paid already such as reserve fees/race caps/admin fees. Substitutions allowed at a R120.00 admin fee but no substitutions after 16 October.
RACE RULES: Please adhere to these race rules. You will NOT be allowed to run the 18km or 30km if you do not have a waterproof rain jacket available. Please ensure you “know” the difference between a “wind breaker” and a ” waterproof rain jacket”.
- Runners must be self sufficient and carry enough water and food to sustain them for the entire route. THERE ARE NO WATER TABLES ON ROUTE! There are some clean,fresh water streams on the 30km run.
- You must carry a cell phone
- You must carry a wind shell, whistle and emergency blanket if you run the 18km or 30km.
- You must bring a water proof rain jacket with a hood to the race. IF the weather conditions looks anything like rain etc – you WILL be required to carry this jacket WITH YOU. Make sure that it is a WATER PROOF jacket and not just a wind jacket. It must have long sleeves and a hood. We’ll do a kit inspection before the start and you will NOT be allowed to run if you do not have the correct equipment.
- If you have any adverse health condition, please do not enter.
- You must carry a card with all your medical details on it such a Doctor’s tel number, Medical insurance number, emergency tel number and contact name, blood group, any allergies etc. This must be inside a sealed ziplock bag and on your person
- Each person must save this cell number on their phone – 082 658 3078 [Ugene Nel] for emergency use only.
- Do not attempt to run if you are not physically fit for it! The weather might be adverse and your lack of fitness could seriously affect your health
- Only run/walk on the trails
- Do not take short cuts – any person caught taking short cuts, littering, abusing other users in the reserve or any other place during the event will be disqualified from all future Quantum Adventures events, Fernkloof Nature Reserve and possibly other similar events organized by other event organizers.