Old Fisherman’s Trail Challenge 2018 is taking place on Saturday 2nd June 2018, which is fast approaching. The entries will open at the end of this week. More details are below regarding the registration process.
This year we have an exciting new route and new start venue. We will still traverse the mountain to finish in Hout Bay.
What you need to know:
- Race Date: Saturday 2nd June 2018
- Start Time: 7:30am
- Start: Sandvlei (Peninsula Canoe Club)
- Finish: Hout Bay Harbour
- Cut off: 4.5 hours (Leg 1 – 2.5 hours)
- Distance: +-21km
- Route: Marked, divided into 2 legs, check out the route details
- Total elevation: +-863m
The entry process is split into two stages. The first 100 places will be offered to the previous year’s race finishers. Entries will open as follows:
- 2017 OFTC Finishers and Charity Entries – Thursday 3rd May 2018 at 10:00am
- Remaining places – Friday 4th May 2018 at 10:00am
- The link to the entry form will be published in the following places:
- If you don’t remember your password, click on “Start a New Registration”
- Once you start entering in your personal details, you have 15minutes to complete your registration. If you do not complete your entry you will need to restart the entry process. Make sure you click the finish button on the Check Out page!
- If you are not able to enter, ask a friend to enter for you.
This is important to complete your entry.
Entry fees are:
- Individual: R543.00
- Charity Entry: R1200.00
You will be given the option to pay via credit card, debit card or EFT. If you choose EFT you only have 48 hours to send your proof of payment, otherwise you will lose your place to the first person on the waiting list. If you take one of the ten charity entries, you will be sent a certificate from the Charity after the race.
There will be a 1 x 60 seater buses to transport runners, before the race, from the Finish (Hout Bay) to the Start (Sandvlei) at 06:00am. We will put on an extra bus if there is a demand for it.
You will be able to purchase bus tickets (R90.00) when you register.
Thank you for the continued support from our partners Dunlop (presenting sponsor), Tailwind Nutrition, MyO2 Gels and Trail and Tar.
We look forward to seeing you on the trail.